Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Money, Money, Money Troubles

Getting into the whole computer/technology scene is a decision that should only be made by the rich and famous. video card this, RAM that, CPU here, megapixels there - it all comes flying at you in a blob of temptation.

All this would have been OK if I hade some serious paper to back me up but as it is, I'm 16, unemployed, living at home with my mother and have an allowance of $0 (except when I need to go out). I certainly can't afford a $600 US graphics card or a $700 US camcorder, I want the epople at nVidia or at Sony to give me a break, be willing to incur a loss for me. I say that they give me the latest and the best products that they have out now for a nominal fee (around $10 US). A bit rediculous, but that's just how bad I want these things.

My eyes fill with water as I see the requirements for gaming on the PC next year. It's going to blow a hole in my pocket. Not to mention the PS3, WOW! I'm not even going to ask my mother for the bread, she has it hard already. My best bet is to get a job next year and invest the salary in the things I want the most.

If it's one thing i've been asking God for lately, besides good health and strength, is to win some contest like the Digital Digs sweepstakes thing, or a $10 000 prize or something. I will immediately fall to my knees and praise Him, then I would make my way to Newegg to buy my heart's desire.

But until that miracle happens, i'm going to sit back and enjoy the blessings that he's bestowed upon me.

No comments: