Sunday, November 03, 2013

GTA; The Lost and the Damned Final Thoughts

Even though it was a product of +Rockstar Games  I thought I would never play and never like GTA: The Lost and Damned because I found the characters repulsive, depraved, degenerate and unlikable, and the protagonist - Johnny Klebitz - was voiced by an overcompensating wannabe tough guy with a very forced "gravel voice".

After playing and completing it though, I have to say I really like it. My initial critiques still stand, but the overall story, pacing and gameplay is perfect for busy people who enjoy the engaging narrative of a full Grand Theft Auto game without the investment of time needed to unlock all the cool toys and see the entire city.

Now I was never a fan of the whole death metal, leather jacket, biker scene so it was a bit difficult for me to get into the story and start caring about the characters even with such an exciting and edgy trailer...



 But once I did my regrets were zero.

I'd describe this as a perfect day-off experience. Long and involved enough to keep you occupied all day but short enough to allow you to get to the conclusion of the story before the sun sets.

No comments: